Innovative Account Information Services
Developing product benchmarking services through account information aggregation
CIONET is the largest CIO/CTO community (with more than 6500 members) focused on innovation and information technology. The purpose of this challenge is to leave the imagination and creativity open to all participants, and to present a solution that goes beyond the other categories/challenges but is nevertheless pioneering, impactful and adds value to the financial landscape.
This challenge focuses on the creation of services based on the financial position of customers and non-customers, in which participants can access enhanced information, aggregate the customers’ account information held by different banks and institutions providing a 360º view on their account holdings and a better financial understanding, planning, management and monitoring experience.
The Open Bank Project PSD2 sandbox demonstrates a PSD2 API solution. The API provides a secure avenue that allows bank account holders to access their banking data and services via approved third party applications, following the consent of both the bank and customer. Use this sandbox to explore our PSD2 API catalogue.
The new account information services would integrate data from different entities including banks and other public and private entities. Some outcome examples are:
- Predictive analytics on integrated financial behaviour;
- Integrated account information management functionalities;
- 360 degree finance planning;
- Monitoring solutions to alert consumers of undesirable consumption patterns.
- Cost reduction estimation by what-if analysis;
- Personal financial trend analysis for debt management;
- Future personal finance scenarios development.
This challenge provides an opportunity to present the benefits of account information services which increase the end user awareness and visibility:
- Increased consumer awareness in financial literacy;
- Improved consumer financial decision making based on an holistic approach;
- Enhanced consumer choice of different financial applications.
- Better personal budgeting through predictive analytics;
- Reduced costs in insurance policies by a combination of behavioural patterns and payments data & debt optimization by analysis of life events and their impact on personal finances;
- Better management of future investments through an integrated perspective of consumption, payments and other behavioural patterns.